Monday, August 20, 2007

To become or not to become is the question


Do we spend way too much time thinking about the things that we do wrong in our lives (sin)? Should we deal with that sin(s) and move on rather than sit in our own pity party and not move forward with who God intended us to be. The way I understand it, when we become a follower of Christ we are reborn, rebirthed, made new. The old-self is no longer the number one influence, God should be. We are given a new life in Christ; "Dead to sin, alive to God" -Romans 6:11. Now I'm not saying that we will never sin again, I'm dead to sin (that life that controlled me), but not ignorant of it. When I sin I need to admit, confess, praise God for that forgiveness, and make it right with anyone that I have hurt. Then move on to living the way God intended for me to live. The cool thing is that God does forgive and doesn't want me to wallow in my sin, but rather MOVE ON to the life that He has for me, the NEW LIFE. It's kinda like us never wanting to move past a liquid diet to a more solid diet that fills you up. Maybe that's why so many people that call themselves Christians never seem to mature, they never want to go beyond the liquid to the solid. Lets encourage one another to be the person God intended or better yet created us to be.

No comments: