Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Fatherhood

Five years ago today I became a father for the 1st time. I can't believe that it has been five years. The time has flown by. As I start to get the hang of this father thing I realize how much our heavenly Father loves us and cares for us. I also realize how I fail Him everyday of my life, but He loves me anyway. It's the same with my kids, I expect a lot out of them, even though they are still young, but I don't expect perfection. I just want them to give all they have, do the best they can do. I want to be an encourager to them and to be there when they fall and to be there when they soar. I want them to experience the world in all its goodness and truth, which means that they will also have to see the world in all it's filth and lies. I want them to know that God didn't intend for it to be that way, but that He is still in control and that He can be trusted. It's interesting that as I raise my children I can see how God expects a lot out of me and that He will equip me for the future, just as I want to do for my kids.

No comments: