Friday, April 13, 2007

wisdom

There's a big difference between hearing what you want to hear and hearing what you need to hear. Most of the time we just ignore the need for the want. We get mad at those that tell us what we need and keep looking for those who will give us what we want. We are a selfish people. I don't understand why God continues to put up with us.
Today was one of those days, along with the last few weeks, that I wanted to hear only what would benefit me and my train of thought and nothing less. Guess what, I ran into someone who told me like it is. God graciously placed this person in my life so that I would see and hear what I needed to. I was being so self-centered and thinking inward only. It was ugly. I was getting off track, getting out of focus with God's purpose and plan for me. Wisdom comes in many different forms from God, sometimes it's in small packages.
My passion and energy is given to you Lord Jesus, use me how you will! Help me to be the answer and not the problem. I'm ready to jump in!
Thanks Laura! I love you.

No comments: