Thursday, April 19, 2007

Living


Live each day as though it could be your last. Not just living it to say that I am pleased with it and that I have done well, but rather live it to serve others, serving others as though you are serving God. As followers of Christ we must show this world what or actually who we have truly become (or trying to become). Don't be like the world returning hate for hate, hurt for hurt, revenge for revenge, and despair for despair. But let us give or return love for hate, caring for hurt, forgiveness for revenge, and hope for despair. Not that I don't refer back to the old self of doing things (once again, trying to become like Christ, I'm not perfect), but I must die to selfishness or to put it plainly my wants.

The one word that keeps coming to mind lately is : PASSION!

I want to be passionate about my walk with God. I want everything to flow out of that walk, everything to be measured by that walk. One of the problems that I've found is that I allow other "things" to push that walk with God out of place. They may be good things, godly things, but not the "True Thing". I think that we sometimes become too much of a softy when it comes to putting God first in all things. We come up with reasons (oh, I mean excuses) that we have not spent as much time hanging out with the One person that knows us the best, that wants only the best for us, and has everything in our future planned out for us. When you really stop and think about it we are such idiots when we don't live sold out for God. Of course I feel like the biggest idiot of all because half the time I feel like I have become lazy in my journey with God (Is this confession time?). Isn't grace awesome? Not to abuse it, but to live through it (grace) with a passion like no other and for no other.

People all over the world are passionate about something. We all have things in our lives that we are passionate about. Passion keeps us moving, but we must ask ourselves, "Are we being moved in the right direction and by the right Person?

Live each day with a passion that could only begin with Jesus and flow out into everything else around you.

No comments: