Friday, April 20, 2007

Listen


"Speak. I'm your servant, ready to listen." From the Old Testament book of 1 Samuel 3:10


God has been showing me some awesome things lately and this is one of them. I want to have a willing heart like Samuel did when God came calling. Too many times I have been distracted by "other" things going on.

Even when you read the verse in context of the whole story you realize that Samuel was ready to serve Eli, who he thought was calling him at first. I wonder how many times I have missed God's voice because I was not focused upon Him like I should have been, but rather distracted by less important things around me.

I want, no desire, to be used by my Lord and King. May we all be ready when He comes calling!

"Speak Lord, I'm your servant, ready to listen and follow."

1 comment:

Andy said...

Jeff, I'm your father. Made it in dude. I'll be back more often now. Site looks great..