Friday, April 13, 2007

kids

Thank God for kids!!!(especially mine)
I look at their passion for the little things in life and it reminds me how I need to live. I believe that one of the reason that God gave me my kids was to keep me grounded in Him.
The similarities are interesting:
1. My kids rely on me for food, shelter, and love.
I must rely on God for my food, shelter, and love (everything).

2. When I leave or have to go away from my kids it makes them sad and I can't wait to be back with them.
When I move away from where God wants me to be or I am not spending time with Him I feel a need to be back close to Him again.

3. My kids don't worry about the little or big things in life, they know that we'll (mommy and daddy) take care of them.
I must allow God to take control of everything in my life, big or small, and know that He has everything in control and that He will take care of everything.

4. My kids just want to be held sometimes, nothing else, just want to know that I'm there.
Sometimes I just want to know that God is there, nothing more than just holding me.

Thank you God for the children that you have given to us - our own and the many others that we come in contact around us. I pray that I never lose sight of the wonder that you hold and the passion that you gave for us.

No comments: