Tuesday, June 19, 2007

wisdom

Do we really use the wisdom that we have been given?
Today i was reading in the book of Proverbs and Psalms and seeing how wisdom is important to our lives. Wisdom should guide us to make decisions that lead toward following Christ with reckless abandonment. As I was thinking about what I had read and was talking with God I realized that I was asking for wisdom once again (and nothing is wrong with that, but...) I thought to myself, "Have I ever really asked God to give me opportunities to use that wisdom and to grow from that experience?"
I want my life to be more than just empty spoken words that sound good. I want my words to have ACTION. I would rather live out my life telling others about the most awesome relationship in the universe without using words, rather than speak words that just make noise, but have no substance.
Today I pray that I am given opportunities to use the wisdom from God for His glory and that by doing that I may grow closer to Him in this journey of faith.

No comments: